Most homeowners do not give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it breaks down, or unless it comes time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most use possible out of this important appliance it can be useful to understand exactly how it keeps food cold—and Oshkosh Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to find out all you need to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to connect with refrigerator repair Oshkosh.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the right temperature, to eliminate spoilage and stop bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main parts of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Oshkosh Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a motor and pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the heat built-up within the refrigerator out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed on the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained inside of it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when an evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is carried within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, turning it into a liquid.
The thermostat regulates the temperature within the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period when it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Oshkosh for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors notify the compressor to start, and then the next cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the room and returns back to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils within the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, thereby cooling the temperature back to the optimal final point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in many applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single area and then moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a optimal space for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule service with Oshkosh Appliance Repair.
Oshkosh Appliance Repair will fix all popular brands and models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed technicians in Oshkosh complete training to repair and troubleshoot cooling problems, ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and countless other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working